We are delighted to welcome the community to explore the Annie Hughston Centre as part of Open House Melbourne.
We are delighted that Open House Melbourne has selected the Annie Hughston Centre as one of the significant buildings on their Open House Weekend Program, to be held on Saturday 30 July. The Boroondara community and anyone with an interest in architecture or Fintona is warmly invited to visit and experience this new landmark on the corner of Balwyn and Millah Roads, Balwyn.
A team from Lyons, the creatives behind this cutting edge, fit for purpose learning space, will be present to conduct tours, and to discuss concepts and the design process. We are sure that visitors to the School will be impressed by some of the features they will hear about including:
- the general learning areas with flexible floor plans to augment curriculum delivery collaboration, exploration, and interactions
- laboratory spaces with the versatility to cater for students of all ages
- a technically enhanced studio that supports a culture which will enable students to further develop their design thinking capabilities
- writeable surfaces for problem solving and collaborative activity
- seamless ICT connectivity and Audio-Visual capabilities.
- zones designed to encourage incidental interactions and open staff spaces which create a community hub feel that fully supports students’ learning and connectedness
- quiet study nooks and small group conversational areas.
Glencairn will also be open. The School’s Art Precinct is another innovative and successful design achievement by Lyons, that merges the aesthetic with functionality and showcases our Art and Design Faculty and the spaces and resources that contribute to the artistic pursuits of our students.
Entry into the Reception area of the iconic Tourmont will be permitted. Visitors will no doubt hear the story of how a fine family residence, constructed in 1891, ultimately transformed into one of the best independent girls’ schools in Melbourne, as well as having a close up view of some of the beautiful stain glass windows within.
Register at Open House Melbourne
Saturday 30 July
11.00am – 3.00pm
Architect-led tours run 12noon, 12.30pm for 30 minutes in groups of 20 people
Add Fintona to your Itinerary on the Open House Melbourne website.