At Fintona, our exceptional teachers and staff create a world of active learning where each student has the opportunity to find their own version of extraordinary.
We are renowned for a distinct and challenging approach to academic excellence that celebrates a love of learning across a wealth of disciplines, and for developing students who move beyond their comfort zone to become fearless and adaptable leaders in their chosen field.
Opportunities to join Fintona's staff
Interviews for positions may commence prior to the closing date specified in advertisements and, if a suitable applicant is found, the role may close early.
FTE: Casual (Approximately 2 hours per week, with opportunity for further hours depending on instrument knowledge and student growth)
Commencement: January 2024
Applications Close: 8 December 2023
At Fintona, our exceptional teachers and staff create a world of active learning where each girl has the opportunity to find her own version of extraordinary. We are renowned for a distinct and challenging approach to academic excellence that celebrates a love of learning across a wealth of disciplines, and for developing girls who move beyond their comfort zone to become fearless and adaptable leaders in their chosen field.
We are seeking an outstanding trumpet and trombone specialist to support our dedicated and enthusiastic music students. In particular, the Instrumental Music Tutor will:
- Have the ability to play trumpet and trombone to a high standard, with the ability to play other brass instruments advantageous;
- provide music tutoring for emerging students with a solid foundation on their chosen instrument; and
- prepare students in advance of performances and examinations.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Experience tutoring an instrument in a school setting in a positive and engaging manner;
- Experience in ensemble leading and quality conducting;
- The ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with staff, students and parents;
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral;
- Initiative and strong problem-solving skills;
- The ability to complete documentation and reports accurately and in a timely manner; and
- The ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines and prioritise as required.
Further information on this exciting opportunity can be obtained from the Position Description or by contacting Human Resources on 9830 1388.
Applications are to include a one page cover letter addressed to the Principal and a CV that includes three professional referees. Applications are to be emailed to [email protected]
FTE: 1.0, ongoing
Period: Ongoing, commencing mid-January 2024
Application close: 18 December 2023
Fintona is seeking an Administrative Assistant to oversee our student health and attendance, providing a smooth and supportive experience for our students and parents. While this role plays a very significant part in ensuring we meet and exceed our compliance obligations, it is varied and interesting, and no two days are the same.
The responsibilities for this role fall into three main areas:
- first aid – including the provision of first aid, preparation of medical records, ensuring staff first aid certification remain current and that the School’s safety practices accord with current legislative responsibilities
- attendance – including the daily management of student attendance and absence records, parent contact; and
- other student tasks – including maintaining the student involvement database, immunisation schedules and student records.
In order to perform this role, it is essential the successful applicant possess:
- First aid qualification – Advanced first aid or higher
- CPR certification
- Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Diabetes certification (or be willing to obtain)
- Verifying the Correct use of Adrenaline Auto Injector Devices certification (or be willing to obtain)
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and tasks
- Excellent organisation, administration and attention to detail skills
- Compliance and Reporting experience
- High level interpersonal and communication skills.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in database usage
Further information on this opportunity can be found in the Position Description (below) or by contacting Human Resources on 03 9830 1388.
Applications must include a one page cover letter that addresses how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role, a CV and at least two professional referees. Applications are to be addressed to the Principal and emailed to [email protected]. Those that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Fintona Girls’ School is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of children. All staff are required to adhere to the School’s Code of Conduct, Child Safe Policy and Procedure, and the Mandatory Reporting Policy, which can be found on our Policies page. Successful applicants will be subject to background checks and required to provide a current Working with Children Check and National Police Check or a current VIT registration.
For further information regarding the recruitment process please view the Recruitment and Selection Policy, which can be found on our Policies Page.